Jakarta designates five more hospitals as COVID-19 referral centers

first_imgThe Jakarta administration has appointed five more hospitals in the capital city as referral centers for COVID-19 patients. They are Fatmawati Central General Hospital (RSU Fatmawati) in South Jakarta, Bhayangkara Police Hospital (RSU Bhayangkara) in South Jakarta, Mintoharjo Naval Hospital (RSAL Mintoharjo) in Central Jakarta, Cengkareng Regional General Hospital (RSUD Cengkareng) in West Jakarta and Pasar Minggu Regional General Hospital (RSUD Pasar Minggu) in South Jakarta.Previously, the city had appointed three hospitals in the capital city as hospitals for COVID-19 cases, namely Sulianti Saroso Infectious Diseases Hospital (RSPI Sulianti Saroso) in North Jakarta, Persahabatan Central General Hospital (RSUP) in East Jakarta and Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital (RSPAD Gatot Soebroto) in Central Jakarta. With the five additional ones, the capital now has eight hospitals specializing in the treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 patients.Read also: ‘No need to panic’: Jokowi tells people to stay vigilant, avoid COVID-19 rumors “The Jakarta Health Agency has prepared eight referral hospitals for COVID-19 cases,” Ani Ruspitawati, head of health resources at the Jakarta Health Agency, said at City hall on Monday as reported by kompas.com.Ani said the eight hospitals had 125 beds in isolation rooms for COVID-19 patients.Up until now, she said, the COVID-19 health post of the Jakarta Health Agency had received 3,580 coronavirus reports from residents of the capital.Two new COVID-19 cases were confirmed on Sunday, bringing the number of confirmed cases in the country to six.“Case 5 is a 55-year-old man, who is part of the Jakarta cluster,” Health Ministry Disease Control and Prevention Directorate General secretary Achmad Yurianto said on Sunday, referring to a number of suspected and confirmed cases connected to a Japanese woman who tested positive for COVID-19 in Malaysia after visiting Jakarta in February.Read also: COVID-19: Jakarta’s port tightens measures on foreign ships, bars crews from disembarkingCase 6, Yurianto said, was a 36-year-old man who was among the Indonesian crew members of the virus-stricken Diamond Princess cruise ship that was docked in Yokohama, Japan. The man is in quarantine on Sebaru Island in Jakarta’s Thousand Islands regency, together with 68 other crew members. (nal)Topics :last_img read more

Continue reading

Dominican warring for God in Barbados

first_imgLocalNews Dominican warring for God in Barbados by: – April 16, 2012 Sharing is caring! Share Nayan Warrington (GP)Nayan Warrington is all about praising the name of the Lord from the highest mountain top.With his new single Servant getting heavy rotation on Pulse Radio 365, the psychology with sociology major at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, is looking to not only balance his schoolwork with a musical career, but to also make sure not to limit himself.Nayan’s desire is to reach international status, while not losing the messages.“Most of my music still has that reggae feel to it. Sometimes I just want to be mellow and at other times I can be radical with the message. Based on the inspiration, there can be a switch,” he told the SUNDAY SUN.Nayan is looking to release two more singles and is working hard towards his debut album In Due Season “if everything goes as planned”.“Still I say whenever God is ready, then that will happen. I also have some music videos which I am working on, which should be exciting. One of them being the released single Mr Warrington.”The 24-year-old was born in Dominica to Reverend Martin and Rosemund Warrington. After moving to England at age ten for two years, the family returned to Dominica. His mum was then offered a job in Barbados and the family moved here in 2003.Nayan attended Louis Lynch Secondary School and then Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic.His musical career began at age 14, when he entered a singing competition in Dominica with a group and placed third. But that’s where it started and ended . . . until he came to Barbados and the passion was rebirthed.“From Dominica I realized my talent for writing. [In Barbados] I was first introduced to the chorale group Hosanna Ministries and then the band Ordained Synergy where I was one of the lead vocalists, and main writer. My parents were always full of enthusiasm and behind me 100 per cent. They loved the fact that that was the path I chose as a young man and supported me in whatever way they could.”Being in the music industry was never planned or at the forefront of his mind, he explained, but at some point he knew that this direction was inevitable. He credits St Matthew, Stitchie, Da Truth, Mr Lynx, Jay Square and Gitta Dan with inspiring him.“I have developed a great friendship with most of them.”Nayan says the messages through his music are of love, power, peace and authority in Jesus.“My music speaks of introspection; it carries a very powerful message of self-evaluation and questions we can all ask ourselves. My music speaks to me as well and of my experiences.“I grew up as a pastor’s kid and strayed during my early teenage years. The depth of my experiences has put me in a position to be more passionate in what I do for this generation and the ones to come.”Five nominationsHe has been nominated for five Flame Awards, at monthend, including New Artiste Of The Year Songwriter Of The Year and Original Song Of The Year with the track People In The World.“I am very proud of myself and so were those close to me when I mentioned it to them. I am also humbled that the music which is God-given can be recognized and appreciated by those who listen. I will be very grateful and thankful for whatever award I receive.”He says his writing process is an amazing experience whether he writes for himself or other artistes.“I just love when God pours into my spirit what He would have me teach and speak to His people.My strategy is to keep Him in mind and focus on whom I want the song to reach.“It gives a greater sense of motivation for the task at hand. My inspiration can occur at the oddest time and places.”Nayan reflected on the concept behind People In The World.“This song was so amazing in that it was not planned. One day I was in the studio with one of my producers David ‘Maestro’ Graham just vibing and I asked him to put on some autotune because I had never recorded with that effect before.“He pulled up this reggae beat and I went into the booth. It was pure freestyle and I believe that the message in it came clear to me.“We recorded, then sent that to my fellow artiste Michael ‘Bishop’ Holford who said he’d love to be a part of this song.“We decided to do it. It relates to people across the globe who go through struggles and turn away from God. The lyrics simply ask God to watch over them no matter what situation they are faced with and plead with them to look to God where their help comes from. I am now in the process of doing a music video that will give a broader illustration of the concept.”Nayan says one of the biggest challenges doing gospel music is living what he sings; he tries to live by the mantra “practise what you preach”.He added that some people may feel that gospel singers are immune to struggles and testings, but they sometimes face it even harder. Nayan says he is happy for the privilege of collaborating with international gospel artists like St Matthew and David Irie out of Jamaica; performing at events such as SonFest and Gospelfest; and having a chance to be featured on songs with artistes such as Hoszia Hinds, Neil Crichlow and Life and Bishop, just to name a few.What he is hoping for in 2012 is to connect with more people and reach them on a one on one level by ministering to them through his chosen career of being a messenger of God.BY NATANGA SMITH HURDLENation News Tweetcenter_img Share Share 56 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Continue reading

Rights group claims military attacked Sibalom civilians

first_imgILOILO City – The human rights group PanayAlliance Karapatan condemned what it alleged to be a recent attack on innocentcivilians of Barangay Igpanulong, Sibalom, Antique. Panay Alliance Karapatan, however, cited“independent reports” that the military had killed one civilian and arrestedand detained 12 others and that these people were unarmed civilians, and somewere students. Meanwhile, the NPA Mt. Napulak Command inSouthern Panay released a statement denying the Army report of an encounter inMiag-ao. In statement released by the Philippine Army’s61st Infantry (Hunter) Battalion, the military claimed to have seized a NewPeople’s Army (NPA) training ground where they encountered 40 members of theNPA at around 10 a.m. on April 18 in Sitio Anoy, Barangay Cabalaunan, Miag-ao,Iloilo. The group said it was able to get in touchwith the mother of one of these civilians, Ellen Centino from BarangayIgpanulong, Sibalom, Antique who aired her concern for her 18-year old sonCarlo. As a result, the Army claimed, one NPA memberwas killed and 11 were captured. According to the group, the mother recalledthat on April 14 Carlo asked permission to go with his friends to the forest togather honey from beehives which they then intended to sell. center_img The group urged the Commission on Human Rightsto conduct an investigation. The young men have not returned yet, accordingto the group. Their ages ranged from 14 to 21 years old. The attack resulted in the killing of a youthand arrest of 12 more civilians, many of whom were minor students, according tothe group. “Our hope is that this will not fall into thepattern where defenseless people become victims of staged encounters and end upin jails on trumped up charges filed by the army and police,” according toPanay Alliance Karapatan./PN “If indeed it was Carlo Centino and hiscompanions who were chanced upon and fired at by the Philippine Army soldiers,we call on them to promptly release these civilians unharmed to their families,as well as the remains of the person reportedly killed,” according to PanayAlliance Karapatan in a statement.last_img read more

Continue reading

Revealed! Arsenal’s Invincibles always fighting in training

first_imgArsenal’s Invincibles were always fighting in training, according to former Gunners defender Lauren. Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Meet The World’s Most Striking Animals HereWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Fantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More10 Awesome 2019 Movies You Probably Missed7 Mysterious Discoveries Archaeologists Still Can’t Explain Loading… Arsene Wenger masterminded a squad full of quality and character to the league title in the 2003/04 season, going undefeated. And while there was joy and happiness at the end of it, things weren’t always so rosy during. That’s according to Cameroonian full-back Lauren, who has revealed just how competitive things were at the club. He even admitted to being involved in a scrap with Gunners legend Thierry Henry. Speaking to the Arsenal website, the 43-year-old said: “Of course there was fighting. I love at Arsenal that the journalists didn’t go to the training sessions. “In our time if the journalists were to attend training there would be history every single day. “How competitive we were – all fighting between ourselves. I had a fight with Thierry [Henry], Thierry with Martin [Keown], Patrick with Freddie [Ljungberg]. “We were all very competitive and we were all fighting because we all had big egos, big personalities but by the time the games arrived, we were fighting for the same goal.” Lauren admitted that Wenger was the glue that held all the “big egos” together, and brought them to the stunning success. He added: “You need that, big egos but you have the manager as well that knows how to control the big egos, how to control those players. “I prefer to be in a team that you see players face to face, you can talk to him, tell him whatever you want. “But when the games arrive you will be 100 per cent for the same goal, to achieve what we set out to do at the beginning of the season. “This is the most important thing; without that, it is difficult to win things. “I don’t want to be in a team that nothing happens, we’re all quiet, if you win no problem, if you lose no problem. You can’t compete like that. “In our time we were all competitive, we were all fighting between each other. “But at the end of the day we were fighting for the same goal and that’s why we managed to win things.” Arsenal became the first team to ever go undefeated in a 38-game season. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Continue reading