Pinterest Investigations are continuing into a fire at Fort Dunree yesterday morning. The blaze, which broke out at sheds at the historic site, was eventually brought under control yesterday afternoon.Significant damage has been caused to the property.The cause of the fire has yet to be determined and anyone with information is being urged to contact Buncrana Garda Station.John McCarter, Chairman of the Board at Fort Dunree has been praising the swift response of the local fire service:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/johnmccarter1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Fire service praised for swift response to blaze at Fort Dunree FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 Previous articleSeven people awaiting in-patient beds at LUHNext article€73,000 worth of drugs seized in five Donegal searches News Highland Google+ WhatsApp Harps come back to win in Waterford Pinterest DL Debate – 24/05/21 AudioHomepage BannerNews Google+ News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th WhatsApp Facebook Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter By News Highland – July 2, 2019 Twitter
Statewide— Many Americans will be celebrating the Fourth of July outdoors this year a little differently, with celebrations at home, including backyard barbecues and picnics perhaps with only your household. No matter how you’re celebrating the Fourth of July, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service encourages you to make food safety and other public health recommendations a part of your celebration.Follow these tips from USDA to ensure a food-safe Fourth of July:Don’t Cross-ContaminateAlways keep raw meat and their juices from touching other foods. While grilling, avoid using the same utensils for cooked and ready-to-eat foods that were previously used with raw meat or poultry products. Wash and sanitize all surfaces and utensils after they touch raw items. A recent USDA survey showed that 34 percent of respondents do not follow an important step to use a different utensil to take food off the grill. Bring enough tools to keep your raw meat and poultry away from any cooked or ready-to-eat foods and have extra cleaning and sanitizing supplies ready for your surfaces, plates, and utensils.Use a Food ThermometerSome grill masters may say they know their food is done just by looking at its color when it comes off the grill. That’s not possible and shouldn’t be relied upon. This is where a food thermometer comes in.“More than 25 percent of burgers can turn brown inside before they are fully cooked,” says FSIS Administrator Paul Kiecker. “Although your grilled foods may look done, foodborne illness-causing germs are not killed until the safe internal temperature has been reached. Using a food thermometer is the only way to know your food is done and safe to eat.”The USDA recommended safe minimum internal temperatures are:• Beef, pork, lamb and veal (steaks, roasts and chops): 145°F then rest for three-minutes• Fish: 145°F• Ground meats (beef, pork, lamb and veal): 160°F• Whole poultry, poultry breasts and ground poultry: 165°FKeep Foods at a Safe TemperaturePerishable food items should not be left outside for more than two hours, and only one hour if the temperature is at or above 90°F. Keep your food at or below 40°F, in coolers or containers with a cold source, such as ice or frozen gel packs. This includes any leftovers from the grill, cold salads and even cut fruits and vegetables. Leftovers should be refrigerated or placed back in the cooler within 2 hours of being placed outside (1 hour if temperatures are at or above 90°F). If you are not sure how long food has been sitting out, throw it out immediately.