Home Indiana Agriculture News Farm Equipment Dealers Learning to Serve Farmers in the Age of COVID-19 Farm Equipment Dealers Learning to Serve Farmers in the Age of COVID-19 Facebook Twitter SHARE By Gary Truitt – Mar 30, 2020 Facebook Twitter SHARE Farm Equipment Dealers Learning to Serve Farmers in the Age of COVID-19With restrictions remaining in place for another month, farm equipment dealers are having to be creative as they work to serve farmers ahead of planting. While the doors are locked and the showroom lights off, Bane Welker Equipment stores are still open for business. “We are open for business; we are answering the phones; we are taking orders for parts,” says Coy Patton, Complex Parts Director with Bane Welker. He says they are encouraging customers to use the phone or their online parts system to get what they need, “We are encouraging our customers to call into their store, talk to the parts team, get their lists together of things they need or even things they might need over the next few weeks.” BWE will then get the parts needed and place them in a drop box outside each store location.Patton, says they will still deliver to the farm, but staff will employ social distancing while there. BWE employees are also cleaning their store locations and even the parts before they send them out. He said so far their staff is in good health and most customers have been understanding of the need for the rather extreme measures.Mitch Frazier, CEO of Reynolds Farm Equipment, told HAT they have also closed their showrooms, “This has then the longest period the showrooms have been closed to the public in the firm’s 65 year history.” Their parts and service departments are still operating and customers can call in for help with parts and service.Frazier admits doing business this way is a real challenge but necessary, “As a farm community, it is important that we all come together to help stop the spread of COVID-19 yet, at the same time, help farmers get prepared for this planting season. It is vital that we get this right.” Reynolds has imposed over 20 steps to maintain service to farmers while protecting their employees and the public.Other equipment dealers around the state contacted by HAT have reported similar actions being taken until the end of April. Farmers are encouraged to check with their local dealer for exact details and procedures. Previous articleGrain Bin Entrapments, Deaths Up in 2019 from 2018Next articleGrain Bin Entrapments, Deaths Up in 2019 and Farm Equipment Dealers Deal with Pandemic on the HAT Tuesday Morning Edition Gary Truitt
11 11 14. Javier Mascherano (central defence) 18. Jordi Alba (full back) 11. Neymar (forward) 8. Andres Iniesta (midfield) 11 10. Lionel Messi (forward) 6. Dani Alves (full back) 11 11 For a stream of Barcelona v Arsenal, listen to talkSPORT at 7.45pm (GMT) on Wednesday 16 March. Listen to it live here.Barcelona are without the suspended Gerard Pique against Arsenal at the Camp Nou, so who will manager Luis Enrique pick in defence as they defend their 2-0 lead?Jeremy Mathieu, Thomas Vermaelen and Marc Bartra are options, so have a look at talkSPORT’s possible line up and let us know if you would opt for a different look.Will Pique’s absence make a difference or will Barca still seal their place in the Champions League last eight?CLUBS WHO CAME CLOSEST TO DEFENDING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUEVIDEO: 10 BEST PLAYERS TO PLAY FOR BARCELONA 9. Luis Suarez (forward) 11 11 4. Ivan Rakitic (midfield) 5. Sergio Busquets (midfield) 11 1. Marc-Andre ter Stegen (goalkeeper) – click the arrow above, right, to see the possible team v Arsenal in squad number order 11 11 11 24. Jeremy Mathieu (central defence)
Margo and half of the KIngdom!Donegal legend Margo held a concert in the INEC in Killarney last Saturday night to celebrate 50 years in music.The Donegal Association in Kerry then invited Margo to Kate Kearney’s Cottage for evening tea where she met with some of our members, their families and the locals came along to have their photos taken with her.Margo put on a wonderful performance at the INEC on Saturday night and also sang some of her favourites in Kate Kearneys. Here she is pictured outside Kate Kearneys Cottage in the Gap of Dunloe Beaufort, ( outside Killarney) where she was presented her a piece of Killarney Crystal as a token of appreciation. I would appreciate if you could put this in your paper and if anyone in Donegal would like to contact their family or friends living in Kerry we would be delighted to hear from them.MARGO’S ‘KINGDOM’ FOR A PIECE OF KILLARNEY CRYSTAL AFTER 50 YEARS ENTERTAINING was last modified: August 26th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal Association KerryMARGO
For complete Oakland Raiders coverage follow us on Flipboard.ALAMEDA — Unless Marshawn Lynch has a Christmas gift in mind for his hometown fans, he’s likely played his last game in Oakland as a Raider.Lynch was placed on injured reserve with a groin injury Monday, just a few hours after the Raiders traded wide receiver Amari Cooper to the Dallas Cowboys for a first-round draft pick.Players on injured reserves are out a minimum of six weeks, then have two weeks of practice time before being …
Over one lakh people from 20,000 families have been moved to safety as local residents, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), and the Armed forces are pulling out all the stops to rescue those stuck in waterlogged areas in Kolhapur and Sangli districts. The districts are experiencing the worst deluge since 2005.Sixteen people in five districts — Pune, Kolhapur, Satara, Sangli and Solapur — in western Maharashtra have lost their lives over the past week, while 1.32 lakh people from these districts were evacuated till Wednesday, Pune Divisional Commissioner Deepak Mhaisekar said. “As many as 51,785 people were moved to safe areas in Kolhapur, while 53,228 were shifted in Sangli district. In addition, 13,336 from Pune, 7,749 from Solapur district, and 6,262 from Satara district have been evacuated,” Mr. Mhaisekar said. A total of 201 medical teams are working in the three most-afflicted districts of Kolhapur, Satara and Sangli.Chairing an emergency meeting in Mumbai, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said rescuing women, children and patients is the priority, and directed the administration of the flood-hit districts to make alternative arrangements for food, essential items, and drinking water.“I have directed for an immediate survey of crop damage. We will expand relief operations as and when required. At present, we are trying to mobilise maximum number of NDRF teams and those from the Armed forces. We have brought in NDRF teams from Gujarat and Odisha to focus on Kolhapur district where the situation is critical, while the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard teams are doing their best to rescue those stranded,” Mr. Fadnavis said.Mr. Mhaisekar said four teams of the Territorial Army are engaged in rescue operations in Kolhapur and one team has reached Sangli. While six NDRF teams are already in action in Kolhapur, six more are on their way by road. One Navy team is in operation in Kolhapur.“Air connectivity has been established over Kolhapur since Wednesday morning with five more Navy teams to be dispatched via air over the district. In addition, three NDRF teams have reached Sangli while three more are en route. As of now, 29 boats in Kolhapur, 43 in Sangli, and 17 in Satara have been pressed into service to evacuate people,” he said, adding Pune divisional officials are in touch with the administration of the afflicted districts and the neighbouring Karnataka.The deluge has completely thrown State Transport bus services in Kolhapur and Sangli out of gear. With 89 roads in Kolhapur under water, the district is completely cut off from the rest of Maharashtra. “We have had to shut down traffic along the Pune-Bengaluru Highway owing to excess flooding in at least three places between Pune and Kolhapur. Likewise, we have lost contact with the Belagavi side owing to the deluge. Bus services to Kolhapur and Sangli have been suspended due to flooding with the bus stand in Sangli submerged,” Mr. Mhaisekar said.With the Panchganga river touching 54 feet mark and the Krishna waters wreaking havoc in Sangli, residential and government buildings, including commissionerates, collectors’ residences, and jails, are half-submerged.Rescue operations are under way in urban and the backwater areas of Kolhapur and Sangli. Video clips of a courageous ambulance driver wading through the floodwater in Kolhapur to rescue a man in need of medical attention went viral, as did one of a boat ferrying some women which capsized near the Venus Corner roundabout in Kolhapur city. There were no casualties in either case.While Satara district got temporary relief from the rain, the discharge from the Koyna dam was lowered by around 20,000 cusecs. The discharge from the Radhanagari dam in Kolhapur was briefly stopped.Dairy business in the region is severely hit while a number of poultry farms have gone under water in some places. With major dairy operators like Gokul, Warana and Chitale being compelled to shut operations, western Maharashtra is expected to face a severe milk shortage in the coming days.The condition of the livestock is appalling with no fodder for those stranded. However, authorities said a number of farmers, anticipating the crisis and anxious to prevent a repeat of the massive loss of livestock in the 2005 floods, had already begun to shift animals before Kolhapur and Sangli being flooded.“As per data, 16,633 livestock in Sangli have been moved to safe zones,” Abhijeet Chaudhari , Collector, Sangli, said.Authorities said more people started coming out of their houses as water levels began rising dangerously after Tuesday evening, even exceeding 10 feet in a number of places near the Krishna riverbank in Sangli.The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast heavy rain for Kolhapur in the next 48 hours. “From Wednesday night till forenoon of August 9, we expect heavy to very heavy showers to hit the ghat areas, including Kolhapur. The rain over Sangli has relaxed in contrast, with light to moderate rain expected on Thursday,” Anupam Kashyapi, head, weather and air pollution monitoring unit, IMD, said.Warning for PuneHowever, Mr. Kashyapi said Pune district will again witness heavy rain in some parts, especially in the ghat areas from August, and that a high alert has been issued in this regard.“We expect extremely heavy, record breaking rainfall of 20.5 cm a day, in the ghat areas of Pune district over the next 48 hours. This may prompt a discharge from the dams yet again,” he said, adding the situation will improve from August 11.
MOSCOW (AP) — Authorities in Kazakhstan said Friday a man has been detained and confessed to killing the Olympic figure skating medalist Denis Ten.Prosecutor Berik Zhuyrektayev said in a televised statement that Nuraly Kiyasov “confessed his guilt in the presence of an attorney” while being questioned over the 25-year-old figure skater’s death.The prosecutor didn’t give further details of what exactly Kiyasov had said.A second man, named as Arman Kudaibergenov, is being sought by police in connection with the death of Ten, whose death prompted national mourning.Ten, 25, was stabbed after a dispute with people who allegedly tried to steal a mirror from his car in his home city of Almaty. He died in hospital of massive blood loss from multiple wounds, the Kazinform news agency said.Prosecutors are treating his death as murder.Kazinform reported that Kiyasov was taken to the scene of the crime under heavy security Friday as part of the investigation.Ten’s bronze in Sochi in 2014 made him Kazakhstan’s first Olympic medalist in figure skating. He also won the Four Continents championships in 2015, and was a world championship silver medalist in 2013.Ten struggled with injuries in recent years and could manage only 27th at the Pyeongchang Olympics in February.TweetPinShare0 Shares
CAPE CANAVERAL, FL – A NASA spacecraft designed to burrow beneath the surface of Mars landed on the red planet Monday after a six-month, 482 million-kilometer journey and a perilous, six-minute descent through the rose-hued atmosphere.After waiting in white-knuckle suspense for confirmation to arrive from space, flight controllers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, leaped out of their seats and erupted in screams, applause and laughter as the news came in that the three-legged InSight spacecraft had successfully touched down.People hugged, shook hands, exchanged high-fives, pumped their fists, wiped away tears and danced in the aisles.“Flawless,” declared JPL’s chief engineer, Rob Manning.“This is what we really hoped and imagined in our mind’s eye,” he said. “Sometimes things work out in your favor.”A pair of mini satellites trailing InSight since their May liftoff provided practically real-time updates of the spacecraft’s supersonic descent through the reddish skies. The satellite also shot back a quick photo from Mars’ surface.The image was marred by specks of debris on the camera cover. But the quick look at the vista showed a flat surface with few if any rocks — just what scientists were hoping for. Much better pictures will arrive in the hours and days ahead.
The Sundance Film Festival has been hacked.“Sundance Film Festival has been subject to a cyberattack, causing network outages that have shut down our box office,” said a spokesperson for the festival. “No further information about the attack is available at this time, but our team is working hard to get our system back up and running as soon as possible. All screenings will still take place as planned.” Login/Register With: Twitter Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook
Recommended for you Related Items:guatemala, Jeritt Jermel, Malique ferrette, Miss teen tci Massive 8.2 earthquake rocks Mexico and Guatemala; 32 people dead. Providenciales, 02 Feb 2015 – Miss Teen Turks and Caicos left country Friday for Guatemala and the Miss Teen Universe pageant. Malique Ferrete will stand with 25 others as the first young lady to be Miss Teen TCI and unlike with the previous online voting for Shanice at Miss Universe; when you voted for Malique, our cumulative support actually could get her a spot in the finals at the pageant; if she needs it. We’ve got some photos for you of Malique’s arrival, swim suit shoot and dinner with the delegates wearing fashion by North Caicos’ Jeritt Jermell. Results in for 2nd Miss Teen TCI; called a close contest Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Busy holiday weekend