BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Authorities in Romania say a fire at a key hospital in Bucharest that also treats COVID-19 patients has killed at least five people. The fire broke out early on Friday on the ground floor of the hospital. The blaze forced the evacuation of more than 100 people. An unspecified number of people have been injured before firefighters put out the fire, according to Romanian emergency services. Hours later, charred balconies could be seen at the Matei Bals hospital where health authorities organized the start of the anti-virus vaccination in Romania. The Balkan country of some 19 million people so far has reported more than 700,000 cases and 18,000 deaths.
On October 31, 2011 the Central Vermont Public Service Corporation (NYSE: CV) Board of Directors approved the following resolution. RESOLVED: That out of the reserved and unrestricted retained earnings of the Company quarterly dividends on the Preferred Stock, $100 Par Value, of $1.03 per share on the 4.15% Dividend Series, $1.16 per share on the 4.65% Dividend Series, $1.19 per share on the 4.75% Dividend Series, and $1.34375 per share on the 5.375% Dividend Series, are hereby declared payable January 1, 2012 to stockholders of record at the close of business December 22, 2011. RUTLAND, VT–(Marketwire – October 31, 2011) -CVPS
By Dialogo June 08, 2010 Top senior enlisted military leaders from 22 partner Latin American and Caribbean nations shared common issues and established personal lines of communication at an Inter-American Air Forces Academy conference May 17-22 on Lackland. It was the first conference specifically designed for those partner nation’s senior enlisted leaders to collectively discuss common enlisted issues and collect information about IAAFA and USAF education and training programs. “This is an historic event for IAAFA,” said Chief Master Sgt. Andres Alvarez, IAAFA superintendent. “The key was to bring them here so they could see what capabilities they have to use our school in developing their enlisted personnel.” Our USAF and IAAFA NCOs were spectacular in making this IAAFA historic international event happen particularly the organizers, supporters and briefers representing our nation. “It was important to not only share senior enlisted issues but also discuss common ground and what courses and programs we can support them with to strengthen our nations partnerships and capabilities.” The conference was a chance to develop personal partnerships, share common mission needs and facilitate mutual understanding, said Chief Alvarez. He added the focus was common themes shared as senior enlisted leaders, and exposure to enlisted development, education and training, and personnel development programs provided at IAAFA and 37TRW (BEAST, BMT and ALS) for USAF personnel. Chief Master Sgt. Harold Clark, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern) Command Chief Master Sergeant, said IAAFA’s ability to provide education and training to partner nations in the Air Forces Southern and Northern Commands is a top priority for theater engagement plans. “It is absolutely limitless of what we can do, but the overall objective is enhanced regional stability,” said Chief Clark. “We’ve found over the years if we work with each other, we’re stronger and regional stability is increased.” Chief Clark also said the formal and informal discussions will aid in the continued development of common ground templates for unified responses to natural disasters, countering narcotics trafficking and fighting narco-terrorism. Jamaican Force Sgt. Major Errol McKenzie hopes the conference becomes a yearly event and will serve to further enhance the region’s partnerships. “We can achieve and be successful only if we come together, work together, help and learn from each other; then we can be able to secure our nations,” he said. “I leave here having made friends for life.” Uruguay Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Raul Parapar said he discovered a common thread of issues by exchanging and sharing information with his counterparts, and picked up ideas on recruiting and teaching methods. “I’ll share the information and what I’ve learned with my colleagues so in the future the efforts will be synergized with everybody else,” he said through an interpreter. “We have never been to IAAFA before and it showed me the different capabilities (available) to our instructors.”
Students, coming together to remember we’re all in this together. “We’re alive because God wants us to be alive. We have a purpose. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t have a purpose, that’s our belief. We’re here, we have a purpose to make this world a better place and we have to remember all the blessings we have,” said Slonim. “As far as the structure of the event, it’s taken on an entirely different dimension. Instead of being able to come together, about 2,000 people together in the Events Center, everyone is on their own,” said Rabbi Levi Slonim with the Binghamton Chabad Center. With the spread of COVID-19 and gatherings banned, religious leaders were forced to either cancel the event, or find a new way to host it. We spoke with religious leaders prior to the start of Shabbat, who say they have a solution to still celebrate as a community. VESTAL (WBNG) — Binghamton University’s Chabad Center is changing up their annual Shabbat dinner, which typically draws thousands of students. The Chabad Center also provided meals to more than 200 students still living on campus, so they could also celebrate in their homes. As a result, students are coming together virtually. A pre-Shabbat program, celebrating with music, dancing, prayer, and simply being together, even if it’s not in person. “We feel this is needed now more than ever perhaps, because we’re living in unprecedented times,” said Slonim. Organizers say Binghamton University holds the record for the largest student Shabbat dinner on any university campus.
The captain emphasized a need for trust and respect between a community and its law enforcement, especially when addressing the need for changes to be made. TOWN OF DICKINSON (WBNG) — The Broome County Sheriff’s Office spoke on police reform Wednesday, a topic sweeping the nation. “We have to demonstrate to New York State that through our policies and procedures, and the way we handle everyday calls for service, that we’re being held to a higher standard,” she said. Recently Governor Andrew Cuomo has made a push for police reform across New York State, signing new legislation that will create more transparency and add requirements for police departments and sheriff’s office to go through. “[New York State is] tying the hands of law enforcement, leaving them impotent and (the police) have no power,” Newcomb said. “Ultimately how that’s going to result is anarchy in the streets.” “That’s not to say that there’s not room for change,” she said. “There’s always room for growth, there’s always ways to make things better.” However, Newcomb expressed concern over this legislation, and whether the Governor should’ve looked at policies a little closer. Newcomb added the BCSO hasn’t had many occurrences of excessive force issues, and cited the rigorous accreditation process the office goes through. Captain Kate Newcomb has been with the office since 1992, but in 2020 she knows change is coming. But Newcomb understands that paper isn’t the end all, be all. “Nothing can remain static. We all have to evolve and change,” Newcomb said. The captain told 12 News Sheriff David Harder met briefly with Broome County Executive Jason Garnar to open a dialogue about police reform, and change that could be made in our area.
More than half the country’s confirmed cases have been in Santa Cruz, an eastern province where authorities said stay-at-home appeals have not been heeded.The country was under a national shutdown over the weekend, for the first time. From Monday to Friday, only one person per family is permitted to circulate to buy groceries or other supplies. Topics : A 78-year-old woman on Sunday became the first person to die of the new coronavirus in Bolivia, which has reported 81 confirmed cases, the government announced.Health Minister Anibal Cruz told reporters the woman, who was hospitalized in the department of Santa Cruz, had been in stable condition.”During the night she grew worse, and was transferred to intensive care. She died this morning,” he said.
Some 600,000 people voted in unofficial primaries polls for the opposition in Hong Kong this month, sending a younger, more confrontational generation of pro-democracy politicians into the race for the legislature.One of them, prominent democracy activist Joshua Wong, said he would doubt the veracity of any coronavirus delay.”Using pandemic as an excuse to postpone the election is definitely a lie,” Wong said on Twitter.The Legislative Council, or Legco, election would be the first vote in the former British colony since the introduction of the national security legislation in the semiautonomous city. The law punishes what China broadly defines as secession, subversion, terrorism and collusion with foreign forces with up to life in prison and sees mainland Chinese security agents operating officially in the city for the first time.Critics of the law say it erodes the freedoms Hong Kong was promised when it was handed back to China by Britain in 1997, while supporters say it would restore stability after a year of often-violent pro-democracy protests in the city.Britain’s foreign minister, Dominic Raab, told top Chinese diplomat Wang Yi that Britain would be watching the Hong Kong elections closely and stressed that China needed to rebuild trust in the global community, a British Foreign Office spokesman said on Tuesday.Under city laws, the government can postpone elections if the chief executive is of the opinion that the vote “is likely to be obstructed, disrupted, undermined or seriously affected by riot or open violence or any danger to public health or safety”.A new election date, not more than 14 days after the original date, must be announced immediately, according to election laws. But British colonial-era legislation gives the government sweeping powers in case of emergency or public danger.It is not clear if former members of the city assembly, whose terms have expired, could return to the legislature in the event of a postponement for a year.Hong Kong has reported about 3,000 coronavirus cases since January and more than 20 deaths – far lower than in other major cities around the world.But the government has warned of a new surge of infections in the community and has banned dining in restaurants and limited group gatherings to two people.Rival finance hub Singapore, which has had a larger coronavirus outbreak, held a general election this month.At least 68 countries and territories have delayed national or regional elections due to the coronavirus since February, the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance said.At least 49 countries and territories have decided to hold national or subnational elections, it said. Topics : Hong Kong’s government could postpone by a year a vote for seats in the city’s legislature scheduled for Sept. 6 amid fears of a resurgence in novel coronavirus cases, public broadcaster RTHK reported on Wednesday.A postponement would be a blow for the opposition pro-democracy camp, which is aiming to win a historic majority in the city’s assembly given widespread resentment of Beijing’s imposition of a new security law widely criticized by Western countries as eroding citizens’ rights.The RTHK report cited unidentified sources and did not give any more details. The office of Chief Executive Carrie Lam and the Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Rashford named his favourite current Premier League strikers (Picture: AMA/Getty Images)Marcus Rashford named Sergio Aguero as the Premier League’s most complete striker, despite him playing for Manchester United’s bitter rivals.The 21-year-old England international has become one of the most feared attackers in English football and he’s scored nine goals and provided six assists in 20 league starts for his club this season.While Rashford has made waves in the Premier League, he doesn’t rank himself as the division’s best striker and he named Manchester City’s Aguero, Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane and Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as the three forwards who inspire him most. Comment Aguero is one of the Premier League’s best (Picture: AMA/Getty Images) Marcus Rashford names the most complete Premier League striker Advertisement Kane is highly regarded by Rashford (Picture: MB Media/Getty Images)But of that trio, he believes Aguero is in a league of his own.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I think, probably the most all-round centre forward, is Sergio Agüero,’ he told GQ.‘Even on an off day, he can score you three or four goals. That, for me, is one trait of a centre forward that I would take all day long.‘When you’re not having a good game, but you’re still scoring goals. That is a skill on its own.‘Also Harry Kane, his positioning, his movement – very clever player. I like Aubameyang as well.’More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsIs Sergio Aguero the best striker in the Premier League?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your results Metro Sport ReporterMonday 18 Mar 2019 5:56 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link569Shares Advertisement
Offshore services provider Wood Group has been awarded a contract to support Shell in the decommissioning of the Brent Bravo platform in the North Sea.Wood Group will prepare the platform for removal via single lift methodology. This includes conductor removal, structural strengthening and installation of under deck lift points, in addition to the modifications required to enable the platform to operate on minimum manning mode.Dave Stewart, CEO for Wood Group’s Asset Life Cycle Solutions business in the Eastern region, said: “We have over four decades of experience supporting Shell’s Brent field and this new contract clearly demonstrates our client’s trust in our consistent delivery of innovative and efficient technical services that have been designed for offshore decommissioning challenges.“We will leverage our learnings from the delivery of the Brent Delta decommissioning scope. Our commitment is to continuing to work in partnership with Shell to ensure the safe, cost efficient and timely execution of the contract.”The Brent Bravo lift follows the recent Brent Delta decommissioning, which was carried out by Allseas’ Pioneering Spirit vessel. The Brent Bravo platform ceased production in November 2014. First oil from the platform started flowing in November 1976.The Shell-operated field Brent field, located 115 miles north-east of the Shetland Islands has produced around three billion barrels of oil equivalent since production started in 1976, which is almost 10% of UK production.The Brent decommissioning program recommends that the upper steel jacket on the Brent Alpha platform is removed, along with the topsides of the four Brent platforms, debris lying on the seabed, and the attic oil contained within the concrete storage cells of the gravity base structures.
African states want the United Nations to set up a trust fund to finance a force to fight Boko Haram in Nigeria and called on the international community to supply intelligence and equipment, according to a draft U.N. resolution. The draft U.N. Security Council text endorses the creation of a force by Nigeria and its neighbors Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Benin to take on Boko Haram. The 54-nation African Union has already approved a force of up to 10,000 troops.The text drafted by Chad, Nigeria and Cameroon, and obtained by Reuters, has not yet been circulated to the 15 Security Council members. Chad’s U.N. Ambassador Mahamat Cherif has said he hoped the council could vote on a resolution by end-March.