Croatian tourist offer for the first time at the most important and largest maritime heritage festival in the Mediterranean

first_imgHrvatska turistička ponuda predstavlja se na sajmu „Escale à Sète“, najznačajnijem i najvećem festivalu pomorske baštine na Mediteranu.Riječ je o festivalu u gradu Sèteu na jugu Francuske, koji se održava od 27. ožujka do 2. travnja, a koji objedinjuje turizam, pomorstvo, brodogradnju, ribarstvo te tradicionalnu gastronomiju i enologiju. Hrvatska se ponuda predstavlja s ukupno 10 tradicijskih brodica, a naša je zemlja, zajedno s Italijom, proglašena počasnom uzvanicom ovogodišnjeg izdanja sajma. Tako je uz nazočnost gradonačelnika grada Sètea, Françoisa Commeinhesa i hrvatskog veleposlanika Nj.E. Filipa Vučaka svečano inaugurirano „Mediteransko selo“ u sklopu kojega je predstavljena maritimna baština dviju susjednih mediteranskih zemalja.”Croatia’s current position on the French market is excellent, so in 2018 we expect a turnover growth of up to 10 percent. The key and largest tour operators are currently recording double-digit increases in bookings and sales, and new airlines are supporting the excellent results. One of our main trump cards in this market and what attracts French tourists is the rich nautical offer of our country. That is why I welcome activities such as appearances at the Escale à Sète fair, where Croatia presents its maritime heritage in an organized manner for the first time. “, izjavio je direktor Hrvatske turističke zajednice Kristjan Staničić.More than 130 traditional boats from Europe and the world are presented at the “Escale à Sète” fair, and it is expected that the fair will be visited by more than 300.000 visitors during the week, who will be able to see Croatian traditional maritime heritage and Croatian traditional ships.  “In recent years, the Croatian tourist offer has been intensively presented at the largest maritime, maritime and nautical events, such as the festivals in Brest and Vannes or the nautical fair in Paris. These activities contribute to the overall increase in arrivals in the nautical charter, which in 2017 increased the arrivals of French tourists by 11 percent, but also to raise the overall visibility of the French emitting market”, istaknula je Danijela Mihalić Đurica, direktorica Predstavništva HTZ-a u Francuskoj.Namely, the appearance at the fair was realized in cooperation with the Eco Museum Mošćenička Draga (Kvarner guc boat), Mali Lošinj Tourist Board (Lošinj regatta pasara Primavera), University of Zadar (replica of the 10th century warship Condura Croatica), Neretva Boatmen’s Association and the Association for the protection of the Neretva heritage from Opuzen (Neretva boat and hull) and the Palagruža Association from Komiža (Molo Palagruža sandal and Komiža gundula). The coordinators of the Croatian presentation at this event are the Association for the Promotion of Croatian Maritime Heritage Cronaves.last_img read more

Continue reading

Testing backlog forces Jakarta to apply COVID-19 protocol to more than 1,000 burials

first_imgThe bodies of more than 1,000 people have been buried according to the coronavirus health protocol in Jakarta as laboratories battle a backlog in COVID-19 testing for suspected cases.As of Friday, 246 patient deaths had been confirmed as COVID-19 cases in the country’s capital, the epicenter of the outbreak in Indonesia. The figure represents almost half of all deaths reported nationwide.But the Jakarta administration has instructed that the bodies of patients under surveillance (PDP) and persons under monitoring (ODP) be buried according to the established health protocol for burying patients who had died of COVID-19. He said that the hospital had explained the details of the burial procedures for his mother’s body.Dharma’s mother was buried on April 9 at Pondok Rangon Public Cemetery in East Jakarta, but he still hoped that the government would release her test results.Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said that the interment protocol for PDPs who had died before their tests results had been issued was a precautionary measure to prevent the virus’ transmission. The protocol was being applied in the absence of the test results.”I just came from Pondok Rangon cemetery,” he said on Wednesday. “The number of burials adhering to the protocols for probable COVID-19 deaths has reached 1,000 already.”The administration’s website recorded that 1,114 burials have been conducted under the health protocol as of Saturday.  According to the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, which has compiled the Health Ministry’s daily log of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests performed at designed COVID-19 labs, Indonesia has been testing just 1,000 to 2,000 samples per day over the past two weeks. This is far below President Joko Widodo’s target of 10,000 tests per day.The number of tests increased to above 7,000 on April 12, but three days later on April 15, the daily average had declined to a little over 3,000 tests.Jakarta recorded on Friday a cumulative total of 2,865 PDPs, of which more than 1,400 patients (48.9 percent) had recovered.“Our low testing capacity has resulted in unconfirmed [coronavirus] deaths among PDPs, and the central government has yet to recognize the [actual] number of deaths [in Jakarta],” said Iqbal Ridzi Fahdri Elyazar, a researcher at Eijkman’s disease surveillance and biostatistics division.Many problems are behind the delay in test results, including a shortage of the reagents needed for the PCR test. The government said on Wednesday that its current stock of reagents would last only a week.Another issues is that even after hospitals and local health agencies had received individual test results, they are not allowed to inform the patients’ families or the public before the government announces the latest COVID-19 figures.Read also: In major policy shift, Jokowi orders transparency in pandemic fightNational Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) spokesman Agus Wibowo, who is also on the national COVID-19 rapid response task force, acknowledged that the government had been unable to identify probable coronavirus deaths because of the delay in testing.”It still takes about five days for the results […]. Indeed, many people are dying before [their] test results arrive. We need more testing kits,” said Agus.Meanwhile, national COVID-19 spokesman Achmad Yurianto said he did not want to conclude prematurely that the bodies buried according to coronavirus protocol in Jakarta were related to COVID-19.”Some time ago, a member of my staff died due to Stage IV cancer. [But] Everyone said it was COVID-19. I’m speaking based on the [available] data on confirmed deaths from the coronavirus,” he said. “Not all of the 1,000 [buried in Jakarta] were COVID-19 deaths.”Topics : The protocol requires both the body of the deceased and their coffin to be wrapped in plastic. Both funeral and cemetery workers must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and coveralls when handling the body.    Dharma (not his real name) lost his mother, who was admitted as a PDP for treatment at Persahabatan Central General Hospital in East Jakarta.  The 21-year-old resident of Kampung Melayu, East Jakarta, told The Jakarta Post on Thursday that the cause of his mother’s death was recorded simply as “respiratory failure”, because the hospital was still waiting for the results of her COVID-19 test from the Health Ministry’s Health Research and Development Agency (Balitbangkes).”The hospital said that the results will arrive in two to 10 days,” said Dharma. “[But] It has already been 10 days counting the weekends, or eight working days.”last_img read more

Continue reading

Sweet-and-Sour Ham Balls.

first_img 25 Views   no discussions Share Sharing is caring! Share Tweet A blend of fully cooked ham and ground pork, these sweet-and-sour ham meatballs are so versatile, they can be served as both an appetizer and as a focal point of a complete meal.The meatballs are immersed in a simple combination of pre-made sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and a touch of ground ginger.Ingredients:1 9- or 10-ounce bottle sweet-and-sour sauce1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice1/3 cup packed brown sugar1/4 teaspoon ground ginger1 beaten egg1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs2 tablespoons milk1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham1/2 pound ground porkNonstick spray coating Share Food & DiningLifestyle Sweet-and-Sour Ham Balls. by: – July 14, 2011 Directions:Stir together sweet-and-sour sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and ground ginger in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker. Set aside.For meatballs, combine beaten egg, graham cracker crumbs, and milk in a large bowl. Add ground ham and pork; mix well. Shape into 30 meatballs. Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick coating. Add meatballs and brown on all sides over medium heat.Add browned meatballs to crockery cooker. Stir to coat with sauce. Cover, and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Makes 30 meatballs.Recipe source: Better Homes and Gardenslast_img read more

Continue reading

Alexa Romero’s inconsistencies continue for SU in 3-2 loss to North Carolina

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on March 6, 2020 at 9:15 pm aekaylor@syr.edu | @cincinnallie Alexa Romero seemed to have it all together against North Carolina. A one-hit, two-strikeout first inning followed by a perfect second inning was only the fourth time in 13 appearances this season she’d pitched two straight scoreless innings to start. The rest of the game was plagued with inconsistency by Romero, though. In the end, Syracuse (8-10, 0-1 Atlantic Coast) fell to North Carolina (9-11, 3-1) 3-2 in Syracuse’s conference opener Friday evening.In the third inning, a groundout followed by two singles put runners on first and second with one out for UNC. A fly out to center made it two outs, and then Romero gave up an RBI single to let the first run cross the plate. Despite facing seven batters, Romero only gave up one run in the fourth. A single, a walk and a hit by pitch quickly loaded the bases after she retired the first two batters. An RBI walk followed and brought the second run home for the Tar Heels.But then Romero gave up a home run to start the fifth inning — her eighth of the season. A walk and double followed, yet a double play and a rocket from Paris Woods to Gabby Teran ended the inning.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Orange’s offense struggled against UNC sophomore Hannah George, whose 2.79 ERA leads the team and is 14th in the ACC. Syracuse had only two hits the entire game from AJ Kaiser and Mia Cunnings, while eight batters struck out.A double by Cunnings brought the first run across the plate, scoring Gabby Teran — who was hit by a pitch to open the inning. Kaiser doubled in the sixth inning to bring Jamie Gregg home after she reached on an error.Rebecca Clyde’s recent struggles also continued against the Tar Heels. After an 0-3 day, Clyde is now 1-for-23 with eight strikeouts in her last eight games. The freshman was moved up in the order after batting .333 in her first eight games. Head coach Shannon Doepking moved her to batting eighth today.Syracuse continues its weekend series against UNC Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m. Commentslast_img read more

Continue reading

Terry ruled out of Champions League clash

first_imgBoth games will kick-off at 19:45. The talismanic centre-half is nursing a minor hamstring injury, which has forced him to remain in London this week.Blues interim manager Guus Hiddink expects his side to be able to cope without their captain.In tonights other last-16 first-leg tie, Portuguese side Benfica will play host to Zenit St Petersburglast_img

Continue reading

Mass pass required to attend church service

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich — A mass pass is what you will now need if you want to attend service at St. Anne Catholic Church.In an effort to respect social distancing,  pews have been marked and are color coded to adhere to the six–foot distancing.Hand sanitizing before entering church and checking in for your seating is now required.Discipleship Coordinator Kristin Carriveau said they put a lot of effort into being safe and wants visitors to feel comfortable about their decision to return.One visitor at this evening’s service said he misses worshiping with everyone but understands that there may be slow returns.In addition to mass, St. Anne is open everyday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.Carriveau also said they have videos on their website to guide you through their social distancing practices.Mass passes are given out Tuesdays at noon and closes on Friday at noon. For more information you can visit St. Anne’s website at alpenacatholics.orgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Feast of Corpus Christi celebrated at the riverNext Local residents enjoy a Sunday afternoon with loosened social distancing restrictionslast_img read more

Continue reading

Bellator London results: Michael ‘Venom’ Page makes quick work of Giovanni Melillo with first-round KO

first_imgMichael “Venom” Page was guilty of window shopping and looking ahead to running it back against Douglas Lima — and it didn’t matter at all.MVP blasted Giovanni Melillo with a hard right hand to score another highlight-reel knockout in the main event of Bellator London at the SSE Arena on Saturday, before calling out the welterweight champion for a rematch. Lima handed Page his first pro loss last May when he slept MVP with a right uppercut. Lima was tuning in, but apparently he wants to see more from Page before granting him a crack at redemption.Solid performance Michael Page! But I need to see wins against ranked opponents then you know where I’ll be! ✊🏽 @BellatorMMA— Douglas Lima (@PhenomLima) November 23, 2019Just as Page made the mistake of gambling against Lima, Melillo errantly went for a right head kick. Page, almost simultaneously, detonated that right hand, knocking out the overmatched Melillo in devastating fashion. Page knew it was over, too, as he instantly struck his venomous snake pose in the center of the cage.RIGHT HAND. GOODNIGHT! @Michaelpage247 stops Gianni Melillo inside one round with a brutal right hand walk off KO.Talk about a perfect homecoming. #BellatorLondon pic.twitter.com/fYuxXN336m— Bellator Europe (@Bellator_Europe) November 23, 2019That’s two consecutive first-round victories for MVP since his knockout loss to Lima. He defeated Richard Kiely with a flying knee in September. Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a year”Who wants to see me fight Douglas Lima again?” Page asked in the cage following his victory. “He’s got the belt, I got a lot of respect for him, but I want to take something back that he stole from me.”last_img read more

Continue reading

DONE DEAL! Tammy Abraham joins Swansea on season-long loan

first_img Tammy Abraham starred on loan at Bristol City 1 Tammy Abraham has joined Swansea on a season-long loan from Chelsea.The 19-year-old striker signed a new five-year contract with the Premier League champions on Tuesday before sealing his temporary switch to the Swans.Abramah, who was also wanted by Newcastle, was a man in-demand after a hugely succesful loan spell in the Championship with Bristol City last season.He scored 26 goals in 48 games for the Robins and has also been a standout performer for the England Under-21s.He has just returned from international duty at the European U21 Champioship in Poland, and becomes Swansea’s second summer signing following the arrival of Dutch goalkeeper Erwin Mulder from Heerenveen.Swansea had emerged as favourites to sign Abraham, with head coach Paul Clement knowing the Camberwell-born teenager from his time on the Chelsea coaching staff.“I’m really excited,” Abraham told the official Swansea website.“I enjoyed my time at Bristol City last season, playing regular first-team football and scoring goals. Hopefully I can do the same at Swansea.“I watched Swansea a lot last season when they played Chelsea and on TV.“I know it was a difficult season for them at times, but you could see that they always try and play nice football.”Abraham said he had sought advice from Swansea defender Alfie Mawson, an England Under-21 team-mate in Poland, before committing himself to the club.“Alfie is a great lad and told me a hell of a lot about Swansea,” Abraham said.“He said it was a good club and a great place to get your head down, work hard and concentrate on your football. He said it would be a great move for my ongoing development.”last_img read more

Continue reading